The CSUMB Experience Study is a series of reports that use results of the CSUMB Experience Survey, which is administered every three years to all currently enrolled CSUMB degree-seeking undergraduates. The survey provides students with the opportunity to tell faculty and administrators about their experience with various aspects of CSUMB.
|Where Term Appears|
|Institutional Assessment and Research|
|Source Table Name:||N/A|
|Source Field Name:||N/A|
|Logical Transformation / Calculation|
|OBIEE Folder and Column|
Results of the study are used to evaluate and improve the academic and non-academic offerings of CSUMB. Students' responses from previous CSUMB Experience Studies have led to many improvements, including the following:
- Major requirements streamlined for all students
- Degree pathways clarified for all students
- Academic Advising centralized
- FYS realigned with GE curriculum, so that students who take FYS are also earning GE credits
- GE curriculum revised
- Language requirements reduced by 1 semester (for all students subject to language requirement)
- Transfer students in high-unit majors exempted from the language requirement
For more information and to see reports from the CSUMB Experience Study, see IAR's CSUMB Experience Study (CSUMBES) page.