Probation Description indicates the probation (trial) status for employees. For faculty, this aligns with tenure.
|Where Term Appears|
|Logical Transformation / Calculation|
|OBIEE Folder and Column|
Probation is that period of time during the initial stages of employment when the employee may be rejected from his position without cause. The duration of the probationary period varies with the category of the position and is identified in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement or Title 5.
Probationary Appointment: Except in a few limited instances such as mandatory reinstatement, all new appointments are probationary appointments.
Employees may have to serve an additional probationary period upon reclassification.
Examples of Probation Description include:
- None This Cls Perm Stat Other
- None This Cls Prob Stat Other
- On Prob No Status Other Class
- On Prob Partial Waiver
- On Prob Perm Stat Other Clas
- On Prob Prob Status Other Clas
- Perm/Tenured, Prob Prd Waived
- Permanent / Tenured
- CSU. Personnel/Payroll Information Management System. PIMS Manual. Glossary. Retrieved from: https://www.calstate.edu/hrpims/pims/.