Union Description identifies the union bargaining unit under which the employee has been appointed for union-represented employees.
|Where Term Appears|
|Logical Transformation / Calculation|
|OBIEE Folder and Column|
For non-represented employees, Union Description is used to distinguish between executive, management, excluded, or confidential appointments.
Union Description is used to determine eligibility for salary increases and drives specified code deductions, leave accrual rates, and benefit program provisions. The Union Description is determined by Job Code.
For additional information, see Cal State's Labor and Employee Relations page.
Examples of Union Description include:
- Academic Professionals of Cal
- Cal Alliance Acad Stu Workers
- Cal St Univ EE Union - Health
- Cal St Univ EE Union - Tech
- Cal St Univ EE Union-Clerical
- Cal St Univ EE Union-Ops/Svcs
- California Faculty Association
- Eng as Second Lang Instructors
- Management Personnel Plan
- State Employee's Trade Council
- State University Polic Assn
- Teamsters Local 2010