Within the California State University system, Census refers to the process of reporting campus data related to applicants, students, enrollment, financial aid, courses, and degrees to the Chancellor's Office on a regular schedule.
|Where Term Appears|
|Academic and Centralized Scheduling|
|Source System:||CMS - SA|
|Source Table Name:||N/A|
|Source Field Name:||N/A|
|Logical Transformation / Calculation|
|OBIEE Folder and Column|
Census dates are established by the campus, including the enrollment census which is used as a snapshot date in the CSUMB Data Warehouse.
In the CSUMB Data Warehouse, Census may apply in the following scenarios:
- To convey that data displayed with a snapshot type of census. These data elements may include:
- Data captured through a Chancellor's Office reporting process.
- Additional PeopleSoft data not reported to the Chancellor's Office but that is used to augment the campus reporting process.
- To convey that data elements are part of the census reporting process to the Chancellor's Office.
- Admissions Funnel contains both metrics that are reportable to the CSU Chancellor's Office because they are derived using the Chancellor's Office reporting process and metrics that are not reportable to the CSU Chancellor's Office because they are not derived using the Chancellor's Office reporting process.