Setting Your Starting Page
You may wish to set the Navigation and Help dashboard, the Executive Overview dashboard, or a dashboard of your own choosing as your starting page when you log into the CSUMB Data Warehouse. This guide will help you change your starting page from the default Home starting page.
About the Default Start Page
When you log into the CSUMB Data Warehouse, Home is the starting page by default. The Home page enables quick access to recently visited or popular dashboards.
- The Recent section populates with a list of dashboards that you recently visited
- The Most Popular section populates with a list of popular dashboards amongst other users
Suggestions for Helpful Dashboards to Set as Alternate Starting Page
The Navigation and Help dashboard and the Executive Overview dashboard within the CSUMB Data Warehouse provide quick access to information curated by topic along with links to access additional resources.
- This dashboard contains a Table of Contents of many of the other dashboards in the CSUMB Data Warehouse curated by topical area throughout each stage of the student life-cycle.
- This dashboard also contains links to Additional Resources and Support such as Quick Start and Help Guides, a Dashboards Index searchable by keywords, IAR’s Data Glossary, IAR’s Data User Support, Release Notes, and a link to Submit a CSUMB Data Warehouse Ticket.
- The bottom of the dashboard contains information on when the Data Warehouse data was most recently updated.
Executive Overview Dashboard
The Executive Overview dashboard provides an at a glance look at key performance indicators and trends across Admissions, Enrollment, Retention and Graduation, and Degrees.
In addition the Executive Overview provides:
- Direct links back to "View More Dashboards" that will take you to the Navigation and Help Dashboard
Ultimately, the dashboards you wish to set as your default start page (if any) will be a personal decision depending on what information you think will be most useful to have quick access to upon logging in.
Changing the Starting Page
- In the Header navigation at the top right of the page click the drop down arrow 🔻 to the right of your name where it says “Signed In As”.
- From the drop down menu, select My Account.
This will bring up the My Account settings menu.
- By default, you will be on the Preferences tab of the My Account settings menu.
- Locate the Starting Page selector drop down and click the drop down arrow 🔻.
Notice that the selection in the Starting Page drop down is set to Default. The default for the system is to start on the Home Page.
- To switch the default Starting Page to the Navigation and Help dashboard, find and select “CSU Student Information Analytics : .Navigation and Help” from the options listed.
- To switch the default Starting Page to the Executive Overview dashboard, find and select “CSU Student Information Analytics : Executive Overview” from the options listed.
Once you have made your new Starting Page selection, click the OK button at the bottom of the My Account settings menu.
You have now changed your Starting Page.
Log out and then log back into the CSUMB Data Warehouse to confirm that your new selections have been applied as your new Starting Page.
You can always revisit the My Account settings menu to change the Starting Page back to the Default if you wish.
Use the same steps for Changing the Starting Page as above, but select “Default” as your Starting Page.
Also note that the Mobile Preferences tab of the My Account settings menu will enable you to set a separate Starting Page when you login on a mobile device using the same process as above.